Minute To Win It- Special Event Court 2
Gus Macker Tournaments will follow state and local health department COVID guidelines for holding safe, outdoor events.
- The onsite Player Registration process will be streamlined, allowing for a social distanced experience. The check-in system will be divided into separate Youth and Adult areas. Players can electronically sign their waivers online, before arriving at the tournaments, when they register at macker.com.
- Player and Spectator space around the basketball court will be marked for best social distancing practices.
- Tournaments may limit the number of teams allowed to play based on current COVID regulations.
- Macker will provide hand sanitizing stations and PPE supplies near each court.
- Gus Macker will provide full refunds to all teams registered for a tournament that is cancelled due to COVID issues.
Popular Greenville Macker is a Festival of Fun
Gus Macker Basketball, now in its 42nd year, spans three generations of 3-on-3 basketball players finding enjoyment, exercise, competition and community closeness at above-the-rim levels. It’s still crazy fun after all these years and a great fit in Greenville, a great Michigan sports town.
Highway 91 is the center of things here, and it becomes a series of basketball courts and a hoops festival of fun with the coordinated support and help from the City’s parks and recreation department as well as the downtown businesses.
Greenville is a popular Macker site in part because it’s close to Lowell and Belding where the roots of Macker were formed, but also because the city knows how to put on a great summer event. It’s a 3-on-3 basketball tournament, but also a festival when Macker comes to town.
They love the dunk contest in Macker, even the “Dinky Dunkers,” who have their own contest. Special events are always a big part of the Greenville Macker, which makes it more fun for those who come to play or just watch others play.
You could call Greenville a basketball town, but that would be slighting the other sports in which local teams excel. It’s a sports town and it loves its Macker.
Come show your stuff on M-91. Anybody from 7 to 70 and beyond can play. The unique Macker bracket system puts you in competition with teams of similar age, experience and even size, and even teams that struggle can win the “Toilet Bowl,” which is just one of the many cool trophies up for grabs.