Streets closed for tournament set-up
Team Registration- Covered Wagon Tours Building
Corporate Cup (sponsor teams)
Opening Ceremonies- Center Court
Slam Dunk Contest on Top Men's Court
Rehabilitation Center games on Dream Court
Major Hoops and Gus Macker Hit the Streets of Olean
Gus Macker Basketball is a perfect fit for the Olean area, which in 1804 was acquired by a surveyor and Revolutionary War veteran named Major Adam Hoops, or A. Hoops as he signed his letters.
Fittingly, Hoops are what the Macker is all about, and the hoops will go up for the Olean Macker on Aug. 20-21. Register now for the fun, and the eighth year of Gus Macker taking it to the streets of Olean.
Remember, Macker tournaments are basketball for everybody with teams bracketed based on levels of experience, size and more. Everybody gets to play for sweet trophies, and the event takes on a family friendly festival atmosphere.
The Olean Macker is organized by the Olean High School Booster Club and the Olean City School District Foundation. Be sure to patronize the generous sponsors represented by logos on this web page.
On Friday night is the Corporate Cup bracket that involves teams from the sponsors. A slam dunk contest is planned for Saturday, and the Dream Court is where the mini-Mackers will get special attention. Come join the fun!
Registration times and location... ALl players must register!
Registration will take place by the Top Men’s and Top Women’s Courts
- Friday, August 19 4:00 to 7:00pm.
- Saturday, August 20 7:00am to 12:00pm
Directions to Olean...
- From the East – take I-86W to exit 25. Turn left off ramp, take Buffalo St./Wayne St. to Rt. 16 (N.Union St.). Turn right and you have arrived in Mackerville!
- From the West – take I-86E to exit 25. Turn right off ramp, take Buffalo St./Wayne St. to Rt. 16 (N.Union St.). Turn right and you have arrived in Mackerville!
- From the North – take Rt. 16S, becomes N. Union St. upon entering Olean. Mackerville!
- From the South – take Rt. 16N, becomes S. Union St. upon entering Olean, Continue past the four corners (Rt. 16 and Rt. 417 cross) where road becomes N. Union St. Mackerville!
Check out there facebook!!!