COVID-19 Best Practices
Gus Macker Tournaments will follow state and local health department COVID guidelines for holding safe, outdoor events.
- The onsite Player Registration process will be streamlined, allowing for a social distanced experience. The check-in system will be divided into separate Youth and Adult areas. Players can electronically sign their waivers online, before arriving at the tournaments, when they register at macker.com.
- Player and Spectator space around the basketball court will be marked for best social distancing practices.
- Tournaments may limit the number of teams allowed to play based on current COVID regulations.
- Macker will provide hand sanitizing stations and PPE supplies near each court.
- Gus Macker will provide full refunds to all teams registered for a tournament that is cancelled due to COVID issues.
GUS MACKER 3 0N 3 BASKETBALL RETURNS TO MIDLAND FOR THE FOURTH YEAR AUGUST 19TH AND 20TH.
The ARC of Midland, a nonprofit organization, which promotes the general welfare of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and increases their presence, participation and inclusion in the community, will again be presenting the tournament along with Northwood University Men’s basketball.
For the 2017 campaign due to construction downtown the event will be moved to the beautiful campus of Northwood University. The campus is a picturesque walk down the “rail trail” to our vibrant downtown. Midland is known for its “family and community” atmosphere and that is what makes Gus Macker a perfect fit. With a vibrant downtown including shops, farmers market, Great Lakes Loons baseball, the world famous Santa house, parks and many other family friendly venues.
The tournament has brought thousands of players and fans in the past and promises to grow even bigger for 2017 and Midland is thrilled. Residents, schools and businesses have banded together to insure it is a great weekend!
Register now and be a part of it. On that weekend put 4000 Whiting drive, Midland, MI 48640 (Northwood University) in your GPS and be a part of the action.
Registered officials will be on all courts to keep things fair and friendly. Proceeds from the event will be shared between the ARC of Midland and Northwood Men’s Basketball.
need a place to stay? Check out our host hotels...
- BAYMONT INN: Call at 989-631-0070 or 800-422-2744 for reservations. Tell them you are coming for Gus Macker to get our rate.